Renowned for its hospitality and warm welcome, The Mount Pleasant Inn is located on the A4054 – five minutes from the A470, twenty minutes from Cardiff and at the Gateway to the Brecon Beacons.
We wish to welcome you to the South Wales Valleys and will endeavour to make your visit an experience you recall with pleasure.
For assistance prior to arrival please contact us on 01443 693555 or email us on email@example.com.
1. The Inn is located on the A4054
2. Travelling by public transport. The Merthyr Vale train station is a short walk from the Inn (Cardiff to Merthyr Tydfil main line). Bus stops are located either end or centre of the village.
3. The Inn is located alongside the Trevethic Trail, which is linked to the famous Taff Trail and Celtic Cycle Trail. Visitors are invited to leave their equipment in a safe and dry facility when walking or cycling.
4. We have a list of local equipment hirers available on request.
5. The village of Mount Pleasant lies along the River Taff. This very beautiful stretch of this famous river is easily accessible. Fishing day licences are arranged on request for water owned by Merthyr Angling club and the Taff Bargoed Angling club. The rivers and lakes are well stocked by the clubs.
1. Parking is at the rear of the Inn and public.
2. Private parking can be arranged if necessary within the Inn’s grounds.
3. There are four steps, a slight gradient followed by another two steps from the car park to the entrance lane of the Inn.
4. There are two main entrances to the building. The first is at the front which leads into the bar area. A gradient leads from the road to this entrance.
The second entrance, located at the side of the Inn invites our resident guests, restaurant and lounge customers.
Through the main entrance hall is level and leads to:-
1. The main bar .Directly to your right is one step into main bar .Wooden flooring.
2. Reception area. Staff will be pleased to assist with your arrival. Customers will be given a registration form and breakfast menu. Customers will be directed to their rooms. Help will be given with luggage if required. Forms can be returned at your convenience.
The Public Areas
1. The main entrance hall leads to reception. Wi-Fi is available throughout the public areas
2. Directly opposite the reception area. A sight gradient leads to the small lounge. This leads to the entrance door of the accommodation area and the gardens. The floors are tiled.
3. Following the entrance hall from the reception leads straight into the larger lounge. (Carpeted floors) To the left are the ladies toilets. Directly right up a gradient (non-slip flooring) is the gents toilets (left) Straight ahead is the dining room. (Flooring is both wooden and carpet)
Ladies Public Toilet
The toilets facilitate two personal toilet booths .A vanity unit. Hand drier. It has vinyl tile flooring.
Gents Public Toilets
The toilets facilitate a urinal, one booth, hand washing facility and hand drier. It has tiled flooring.
Restaurant and Dining Facilities
1. The dining room accommodates 60 covers for dining. Functions other than for meals are located within this rooms. Parties, weddings conferences are arranged on request.
2. Food bought on the premises can be consumed in both lounges and bar areas.
3. The dining room is accessible by wheel chair.
1. Unfortunately wheel chair access is only accessible to the first level of the gardens. But assistance may be necessary. The French doors lead to our covered, heated area of the garden. You are permitted to smoke here. You can enjoy the outstanding views of the surrounding valley at your leisure.
2. Seating is provided either with bistro tables and chairs within the covered areas or picnic tables on the beer garden.
1. The accommodation entrance is located in the small rear lounge, at the right hand rear of the room.
2. Straight flight of stairs with hand rail on right hand side. These are thirteen steps carpeted and followed by a small landing. Rooms one and five are located on this landing. Another one step up leads into a corridor leading to room four, turn right, then left to rooms two and three.
3. Emergency lights are in all corridors and stairwells. Fire alarm sensors and audible warnings are fitted in all bedrooms and public areas.(Centrally controlled) All areas within the building are strictly non-smoking.
4. Sorry no pets are allowed in the accommodation.
5. Bedroom one. En-suite has shower facilities. This family accommodation has one double bed and bunk bed accommodation. Laminated flooring with mats.
6. Bedroom two- Twin room accommodation with en-suite shower -facility. It has carpet in the bedroom and cushing- floor in the en-suite.
7. Bedroom three- Double room. En-suite shower facility. The bedroom has carpet and non-slip flooring in en-suite.
8. Bedroom four- Family suite of rooms. Enter into the children’s bunk room which features an original fire place (no fire) which leads to an open corridor, with bathroom on left, leading into a double bedroom. Flooring in bunkroom laminate with small mat. The corridor has carpet. Bathroom has non-slip flooring. The double bedroom has carpet.
9. Bedroom five- Double room with en-suite shower facility. Carpet is fitted in bedroom. Cushing flooring is fitted in en-suite.
Safety windows are fitted in bedrooms.
In the event of a fire
Residents are advised to leave the accommodation via the door marked fire exit at the bottom of the stairs. Customers are advised to leave the premises and not to re-enter until instructed to by ourselves or the fire rescue service.